Newly-elected FIBA Europe Board announces key appointments
MUNICH - The newly-elected FIBA Europe Board held its first meeting of the 2019-2023 term of office on June in Munich, confirming key leadership positions as well as the composition of the Executive Committee and the Commissioners.
Having been re-elected as President of FIBA Europe last month, Turgay Demirel will be assisted by three Vice-Presidents, as Jean-Pierre Suitat (FRA), the President of the French Basketball Federation, was appointed the First Vice-President. He will be accompanied by Vice-Presidents Carmen Tocala (ROU) and John Goncalves (GIB).
The Board also confirmed members to the Executive Committee, which will consist of Mr. Demirel, the three Vice-Presidents and FIBA Europe Treasurer Karl Thaller (AUT), as well as Jorge Garbajosa (ESP), Natalia Galkina (RUS), Ivan Bodrogvary (HUN) and Asterios Zois (GRE).
The meeting in Munich also included key appointments for the Permanent Commissions for the term of office 2019-2023.
Here is a list of members confirmed to chair the Permanent Commissions:
- Competitions Commission: Wolfgang Brenscheidt (GER);
- Technical Commission: Georgi Glushkov (BUL);
- Finance Commission: Karl Thaller (AUT);
- Women's Commission: Nastassia Marynina (BLR);
- Legal Commission: George Kartvelishvili (GEO);
- Youth Commission: Matej Erjavec (SLO);
- Small Countries Commission: Bernard O'Byrne (IRL).